A while back, I came across this french blog, called “the girls’ purse”. It’s a concept I’ve heard of before, namely that girls take pictures of their favorite purse and what they usually carry in it. It works for guys, too – they just have to empty their pockets. I thought this was interesting because it’s also a form of soul-strip, especially for some women. For those whose purse is sacred to them. It’s even more fascinating for me, since I’m not the kind who owns a whole lot of different purses and I don’t carry my house around with me. My sister, on the other hand, goes missing behind her purse and always has everything with her. Literally, everything. Need a helicopter? Here you go.
I wanted to participate anyway, just for the fun of it. So here is a picture of my favorite purse and the most things I would ever carry around with me. Because if I had photographed just the usual I have with me on any given day, it would just have been keys, wallet and phone. Seriously. I love this purse because it’s leather, has a long or a short strap (for over the shoulder, free handed, or clutchy), cool colors and practical pockets. The contents, in clockwise order, are:
- The book I’m currently reading – always a good thing to have around, in case you have to wait
- Hand lotion, gum, a small pocket knife, (environmentally friendly) tissues and chap stick – just in case
- My customized, donated to a good cause mp3-player – don’t cross the door without it
- My wallet, with the usual: cash, most used cards, id.
- A green, 100% recycled USB-stick, capacity 2 Gb
- My phone
- My Moleskine agenda
- Foldable umbrella or large brown sunglasses, depending on the weather
- Keys (the keyring pendant being an always useful bottle opener)
- Extra set of cards, with for example my video store id and stamp card for star coffee
So, what’s in your bag?